Class Tours to YDL
We encourage you to arrange a class or group visit to the library. Let us work with you to bring your group and our information resources together. Our goal is for a safe and successful visit.
Schedule a visit to the Ypsilanti District Library – Whittaker Road, Michigan Avenue, or Superior locations by filling out the following online form. We ask that you please make arrangements whenever you want to bring a group to the library even if no tour or program is required in order to prevent conflicts with other library programs and group visits.
For your visit, we can provide:
- Storytime including songs and fingerplays
- Tour of the building and Youth Department collections
- How to use the online catalog
- Research instruction for specific assignment (ex: 3rd grade class researching ancient Egypt)
- Tours should be scheduled at least one month in advance.
- Library Tours and Class Visits will be scheduled as the library schedule permits. In order to accommodate all organizations within the library service area, tours and visits normally are limited to two (2) per school year per class or group
Staff assistance for a tour will be limited to a maximum of one (1) hour.
- The suggested number of chaperones is 1 per 6 students through age 12 and 1 per 10 students ages 13-17.
- Chaperones or teachers are to remain with the groups or classes while in the library.
- Storytime themes are determined by the librarian and usually reflect the weekly storytime theme.
- Group/Class size is limited to 30 per group/class.
- Students must respect the rights of others using the library.