Can't get to YDL During Open Hours?
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Library hours don’t have to stop you from picking up your library materials.
Beginning August 6, 2007, your library materials can be waiting for you in a secure locker located at any Ypsilanti District Library location: YDL-Whittaker Road, YDL-Michigan Avenue, or YDL-Superior. It’s easy to use. When you call or visit any YDL location, let the staff know you want your materials available after-hours in the lockers at a specific YDL location. You’ll need the last seven digits of the barcode number on your library card to use this system. To retrieve your materials at the locker after hours, simply enter the last seven digits into the keypad, hit “enter” and the door to your locker pops open. It’s easy and convenient! Lockers are safe and secure. The system will only open your locker when your library barcode digits are entered.
After-Hours Pickup FAQs:
- Customers may place requests for after-hours locker pickup via phone or in person at any YDL location.
- Lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Customers must request this service prior to the last hour before closing.
- Customer library card numbers will serve as the combinations for the locks. The lock combinations will work only on the night they are assigned. Library staff will reset the combination daily for each locker.
- YDL staff will place materials in lockers prior to closing.
- Materials must be picked up no later than opening time the next day. Materials left in the lockers will be placed back into circulation the next morning.